Thursday, May 19, 2022

Mighty Cold May


BEHOLD THE GLORY!  
And cue the Hallelujah Chorus...
Such beauty - happening right in my yard - the essence of apples wrapped in tiny pink buds couldn't be more amazing or exquisite.
This alone could capture my heart and make me fall in love with my Creator if He hadn't already revealed Himself and stolen my heart in a multitude of other marvellous ways.  


Somehow, this beauty is making its way onto the scene despite uncommonly cold May temperatures. 


As you can see there is SNOW on the hills!


But the vivid green of Spring relentlessly covers the earth and surges forth with so much hope despite the frosty winds and crisp air.


Some of my favourite colours, blue and green, are splashed liberally on the canvas that surrounds me causing my heart to sing a very happy song.



And multitudes of blossoms...


I courageously planted two tomato plants in hopes of red deliciousness in the not too distant future.  Hoping that the frost won't snap the life out of them...


My back patio garden is slowly shaping up, mostly with flower gifts from friends, but I'm adding bits of colour as I find them. 


It has been cold enough for fires and roasting marshmallows! 


And look who showed up on the back patio to anoint everything with his raised leg!
Winnie's boyfriend, BEAR!  
He is so beautiful, I can see why she is smitten, but he is far too old and sophisticated for her. 
Cub was not far behind creating a great deal of excitement for all involved. 


The drives through the Spring beauty are mesmerizing and I am so grateful for this small but magnificent world of mine. 


Some of the drives lead to my sweet friend Zee and her darling little grandsons.
She has been so lovingly helping her daughter during a very busy and incredibly difficult season of birth, sickness, sleeplessness and stress, so I've been able to pop by occasionally to drop off a coffee and burger and have a little visit. 
Wishing I could do more, but we all have our limitations.


So we carry on, trusting that much prayer and small deeds done with great love will accomplish more than we can imagine. 


It is what has been promised by the Creator of all this beauty - we live in the shadowlands knowing that one day all will be light and glory.


In the meantime we are awestruck with these foretastes of what is to come one day in complete perfection.


 "I know that my Redeemer lives and that he shall stand upon the earth."
Job 19:25



He will make all things new.


Selah

No comments: