Monday, December 28, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life



Truly, it's been a most lovely Christmas. The house is cozy with so many little lights and the Christmas tree full of homey memorable decorations. God provided Joey to help Patrice with the tree and it was so fun to laugh over the assortment of decorations, trying to remember who made what. Even lots of baking was done - shortbread, crackle top molasses cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip... Snow came for a bit in the middle of December and then left.


You can see that the dogs discovered chocolate in Patrice's stocking...

We attended the Christmas Eve service at Oma's church and all sat together in one happy bunch. Lots of familiar faces, all of us growing wiser and more beautiful in that wrinkly sort of way.
The joy of singing the carols - familiar words with a wonderful, spell-binding, unbelievably good, earth shattering message!! We've heard it so often but I pray it will only grow more amazing and more revelatory to me the older I get.
What God did should just take our breath away.
For us. For relationship. Oh my goodness, it is truly very very good news!!

Then off to Oma's for an evening meal, laughter around the table and exchanging of gifts. God sent us extra blessings to round out our numbers making the evening even more joyful. I love it when He sends the extras!! And to have my kids both with me made my heart sing.


Christmas morning, sunny and crisp. Lounging in my bed where the kids came and we visited, laughing, enjoying the dogs and sharing stories. More gifts and preparations done for the day ahead. And pictures, with the dogs, and the kids. They cooperated, probably as a Christmas gift. It ended up being so funny. Like trying to pose with small children that won't look at the camera, or sit still.



A surprise visit from my new college friend and her big poodle rounded out the morning. She came bearing a lovely gift and her smile and the doggie play time outside in the cold was a delight. God sends the most beautiful people my way!



Then off to the Gagnon's for brunch and love and games and relaxation. A sudoku race, walk to the park and a prayer of blessing over Daniel as he made his way to his newfound love. I am learning to share. It hurts, but it's a good hurt. Healthy and right.


 And the grande finale was turkey dinner at my sister's, followed by PAVLOVA (YUM!!) and a rousing round of carols accompanied by myself on the piano (surprised even me) and my sister on the flute. Just like the old days!


Thanks Jesus for putting on the best birthday party - you are so worth celebrating!!


1 comment:

forest maiden said...

Your beauty and love of life shine through your words like sunshine!!
So happy you had a good time with family and friends!!