Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Hard Thing

I'm being asked by the Father to do a hard thing. A very hard thing indeed. I need to extend kindness and grace and hospitality to one who has deeply hurt me and my family. Amazing the feelings that spring up from some hidden place; not feelings of mercy, but of anxiety and resentment. Thankfully I know that though the enemy would now like to taunt me I can operate out of the mind of Christ and do that which is humanly impossible "through Christ who strengthens me"!! I don't have to rely on myself but must call on Him who is able to do "exceedingly and abundantly MORE than all I can even ask or imagine.

So Father, I'm asking for a miracle. That I would pass this test. That I would love as you have loved me and forgive as you have forgiven me.

I choose to roll out the welcome mat in the Spirit. I renounce the spirit of division and strife. I welcome the Spirit of Jesus.

Come Holy Spirit and guard my heart and my tongue. Come and be present in this place.

Strengthen me with your righteous right hand.

I thank you in advance for miracles, because you're in the business of making them happen!!

I just need to trust and obey...

No comments: